Blue or Orange Sponge Table Tennis Rubber Which is Right For Me?
Welcome to the world of table tennis excellence, where precision meets power. In this comprehensive guide, we delve into the realm of DHS Hurricane 3 rubber series. Manufactured by the renowned Double Happiness (DHS) Company, these rubbers are a staple in the arsenal of professional and amateur players alike.
About DHS Company:
Founded in 1959, DHS, or Double Happiness, holds a prestigious position in the international table tennis arena. Its commitment to top-quality equipment has made it the choice of champions and the official supplier for major events like the World Championships and the Olympics.
NEO Version Vs. Standard Version, What are the differences?
DHS Hurricane 3 Standard Version.
*Buy DHS Hurricane 3
Now, let's delve into the DHS Hurricane 3 standard version, a renowned pips-in rubber designed for players with control-oriented techniques or a relatively weaker attack in 40mm ball play. Here's a detailed look at its standout features:
- Precision Engineering: Tailored to minimize ponderousness during powerful strokes, creating a prolonged arc for enhanced ball control.
- Color Options: Available in red and black.
- Hardness Options: Choose from sponge hardness options of 38, 39, 40, or 41 degrees, catering to different playing styles.
- Thickness Variations: Versatility extends to sponge thickness options of 2.15mm and 2.20mm, accommodating diverse player preferences.
The DHS Hurricane 3 standard version provides a customizable and versatile playing experience, making it an ideal choice for players with varied playing styles and preferences.
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO Version.
*Buy DHS Hurricane 3
Now, let's explore the DHS NEO Hurricane 3, an inverted rubber celebrated for its high viscosity, thick sponge, and exceptional ball control. Here's a breakdown of its notable features:
- Speed: Although speed may not be its primary focus, the DHS NEO Hurricane 3 compensates with a range of other attributes.
- Spin: Unleash unparalleled spin on loops with the tacky rubber and aggressive brush strokes, catering to players who delight in driving, looping, and executing topspin shots.
- Control: Specifically crafted for players emphasizing ball control or those who exert less force, the tacky rubber enables precise ball placement across various playing positions.
- Thickness: Available in both 2.15mm and 2.2mm variations, providing options to suit different player preferences and playing styles.
- Hardness: Choose from a selection of sponge hardness options, ranging from 38 to 42. Amateur players often find the 39 degrees hardness to be a recommended choice for optimal performance.
The DHS NEO Hurricane 3 offers a versatile playing experience, making it suitable for a wide range of players with diverse playing styles and preferences.
Let's Summarize the DHS Hurricane 3 with its NEO Counterpart.
DHS Hurricane 3:
- Designed for players with control methods or relatively weak attack power.
- Offers a long arc for enhanced ball control.
- For current price click here...
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO:
- Experience a potent "NEO" sponge and Hurricane 3 table tennis rubber for a stable high-speed arc, enhancing scoring ability.
- Ideal for players attacking with long stroke loops.
- For current price click here...
Pros and Cons of both:
- Suitable for beginners and players with advanced techniques.
- Excellent spin and control.
- Affordable, making it an attractive choice for a wide range of players.
- The variety of DHS Hurricane series might confuse buyers, but read our guide below for more information.
- Speed may not match the preference of some players; compensable with carbon layer blades leading to many players choosing to boost these style of rubbers.
Variations of DHS Hurricane 3:
Ordinary / Commercial Version:
- Budget friendly public version.
- Widespread availability in the market.
- Features a layer of primer for better ball control.
- Suitable for professional players using inorganic glue in competitions.
- Customized for provincial teams.
- Higher precision and softer feel, maximizing performance.
- Specially designed for national teams.
- Highest precision and softest feel for optimal performance.
Orange Sponge Version:
- Available in both provincial and national versions.
- Orange sponge is softer, offering a more substantial ball-holding feel.
Blue Sponge Version:
- Blue sponge is harder, providing faster play.
- Available in provincial and national versions.
Authenticity Check: Identifying Genuine DHS Hurricane 3 Rubbers
Ensure the legitimacy of your DHS Hurricane 3 rubber by examining the markings on the back. Our guide provides insights into verifying the authenticity of your table tennis equipment.
In addition to the subtle differences in cover, you can also distinguish between Hurricane 3 table tennis rubbers by their appearance. It is octagonal in the general version, hexagonal in the provincial version, and rectangular in the national version.
Changes To The Packaging of The NEO Range:
The packaging for Hurricane 3 rubber may vary between old and new versions. In the new packaging, the word NEO is no longer present on the plastic film, though the products remain unchanged.
What is the Difference Between Blue & Orange Sponge DHS Hurricane 3 Rubbers?
When it comes to DHS Hurricane 3 rubbers, the choice between the blue & orange sponge versions significantly influences your playing experience. Delve into the details to understand the distinct characteristics of each variant and find the perfect match for your playing style.
The Blue Sponge version is known for its harder composition, contributing to a faster playstyle. Players who prefer a more dynamic and aggressive approach often find the Blue Sponge variant suitable. It provides a stable and high-speed arc, making it ideal for those who rely on quick, powerful strokes and offensive strategies. The hardness of the Blue Sponge enhances the ball's rebound speed, adding an extra edge to your attacking game.
Conversely, the Orange Sponge variant is softer compared to the Blue Sponge. This softer composition imparts a more substantial ball-holding feel, allowing players to execute longer strokes and loops with enhanced control. The Orange Sponge is favored by those who prioritize precise ball placement and employ a more controlled playing style. It provides a lively yet controlled arc, making it suitable for players who emphasize spin and accuracy in their shots.
In summary, the choice between the Blue and Orange Sponge versions depends on your preferred playing style. If you lean towards an aggressive, fast-paced game, the Blue Sponge might be your go-to. On the other hand, if control and spin are crucial elements in your strategy, the Orange Sponge variant could be the perfect match for your playing preferences.
Discover the Complete DHS Hurricane 3 Range – Available Now at Table Tennis Hub:
Dive into the comprehensive selection of DHS Hurricane 3 rubbers available from Table Tennis Hub. From the standard version to provincial and national editions, each variant caters to diverse playing styles and preferences. Discover the perfect match for your game, and elevate your table tennis experience with the authenticity and quality that DHS Hurricane 3 rubbers bring. Click on the links below each rubber to see the current price and read more about each version.
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO Provincial Orange Sponge:
The top sheet is thinner than the commercial NEO Hurricane 3, providing a livelier feel. Ideal for players attacking with long stroke loops. For more information & price click here...
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO Provincial Blue Sponge:
A provincial blue sponge version supplied to professional teams, offering a stable and high-speed arc for improved scoring ability. For more information & price click here...
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National Blue Sponge:
Similar to the provincial version but designed for national team players such as Ma Long & Fan Zhendong, providing effects without the need for illegal speed glue. For more information & price click here...
DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge:
Identified by "Three Chinese Characters in Blue" on the front packing, this version is for professional players, offering the best technology. For more information & price click here...
DHS Hurricane 3 National Orange Sponge:
A national-level limited product with the best quality, used by top players in the China National Team preferred on the Backhand side by many. For more information & price click here...
DHS Hurricane 3 National Blue Sponge:
The national version with a blue sponge, used by top players for control/loop play, recommended for advanced players. As used by Ma Long and many other top players, this is the most sought after and expensive one in the range of Hurricane rubbers. For more information & price click here...
DHS NEO Hurricane 3 is the choice of champions, offering a low arcing ball with a tacky rubber characteristic. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned player, this rubber series promises an exciting table tennis experience.
Explore the power and precision of DHS Hurricane 3 rubbers and elevate your table tennis game to new heights!
FAQ's About The Hurricane Rubber Series
1. How do I determine the right DHS Hurricane 3 rubber for my playing style?
- Consider your playing style and attack prowess. If you prefer control-oriented techniques or have a weaker attack, the standard DHS Hurricane 3 is suitable. For diverse playing styles with an emphasis on control, the DHS NEO Hurricane 3 is recommended.
2. What are the color options available for both DHS Hurricane 3 and DHS NEO Hurricane 3?
- Both rubbers are available in red and black colors, providing players with flexibility in customizing their equipment.
3. What rubbers does Ma Long Use?
- He Uses DHS Hurricane 3 National blue sponge with a 41-degree hardness and 2.15mm thickness on his forehand side, and a DHS Hurricane 3 National orange sponge with a 37-degree hardness and 2.15mm thickness on his backhand.
4. What is the significance of sponge thickness options for these rubbers?
- Most versions come with sponge thickness options of 2.15mm and 2.20mm, allowing players to tailor the rubber to their specific playing style and preferences.
5. Are these rubbers suitable for players with advanced techniques?
- Yes, both DHS Hurricane 3 and DHS NEO Hurricane 3 are suitable for players with advanced techniques. They offer excellent spin and control, making them suitable for a wide range of players.
6. What are the pros and cons of DHS Hurricane 3 and DHS NEO Hurricane 3?
- DHS Hurricane 3 commercial versions are budget-friendly, offers excellent spin and control, but the variety of Hurricane 3 options might confuse some buyers. DHS NEO Hurricane 3, while affordable, may not match the speed preference of some players, but this can be compensated with carbon layer blades or boosting.
7. How can I differentiate between the ordinary, provincial, and national versions of DHS Hurricane 3?
- The ordinary version is widespread, provincial versions are customized for provincial teams with higher precision, and national versions are specially designed for national teams, offering the highest precision and softest feel.
8. What is the difference between the blue and orange sponge versions?
- The blue sponge is harder, providing faster play, while the orange sponge is softer, offering a more substantial ball-holding feel. The choice depends on individual preferences and playing styles.
9. Can you recommend a DHS Hurricane 3 rubber for players attacking with long stroke loops?
- The DHS NEO Hurricane 3 National Blue Sponge is recommended for players attacking with long stroke loops, offering a stable and high-speed arc for improved scoring ability.
10. How can I purchase the Hurricane 3 rubbers?
- The recommended rubbers are available for purchase on Table Tennis Hub's website. You can find them in the DHS Hurricane 3 and DHS NEO Hurricane 3 collections.